WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY?
"Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
- UN World Commission on Environment and Development
CSW Sustainability Committee aligning with UN's belief that healthy development is only made possible with the achievement of sustainable development, have taken various initiative to promote sustainable practices in our community. Sustainability in the simplest term means to develop while taking into consideration of the world we leave for our future generations.
Check out other definitions of sustainability:
- Definition from Environmental Protection Agency
- Definition from European Union
- Definition from UCLA Sustainability Committee
- Definition from Arizona State University